This strawberry yogurt mousse is suitable to make layered cakes and is versatile even to do layered desserts in cups.
(Makes enough to fill a two layered 6-inch cake)
- 170g whipping cream
- 160g strawberry puree
- 35g plain yogurt
- 12g sugar
- 6g gelatine leaves
- 5g lemon juice
- Bloom gelatine leaves in cold water for about 5 minutes and squeeze the excess water out and leave aside for use later.
- Whisk the whipping cream to soft peak using a balloon whisk, you can do this free hand and work some muscles too.
- Warm puree, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan till hot.
- Add bloomed gelatine and stir till well mixed.
- Add yogurt and stir through to mix well.
- Fold the whipped cream into the puree mixture till well mixed.
- Use the mousse quickly before the gelatine sets it.
You can change the flavour of the mousse quite easily by replacing the fruit puree.