I did some ondeh ondeh swiss rolls and still have some coconut cream left, so I did some mille feuille. The puff pastry is store bought, so it is really easy to make.
(Makes about 3 mille feuille)
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- caster sugar to sprinkle over the puff pastry
- coconut cream (1/3 cup cream whipped to soft peak and half cup of desiccated coconut)
- gula melaka, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and sprinkle on caster sugar.
- Place puff pastry on the caster sugar.
- Sprinkle more caster sugar on the puff pastry and place another parchment paper on top.
- Place a heavy tray on top of the puff pastry and bake in preheated oven till golden brown.
- Remove the tray and continue to bake till golden brown. Total cooking time is about 20 minutes.
- Take the pastry out and cut into even rectangles. You will get about 9 rectangles which will yield 3 mille feuilles.
- On one rectangle, dot whipped cream, sprinkle chopped gula melaka, place another rectangle and repeat with cream and gula melaka and place the final rectangle on time. Dust with icing sugar.
- Chill before consuming.
This is a very elegant dessert and can be whipped up very quickly.