It’s been a long long hiatus. Back here because it’s easier to get the recipes I need at times and wonder where I have saved them. I used this cream for a sourdough babka. Oh the babka is another story of 2 failed loaves, most of which I binned, the third one was finally a decent loaf. The 2 didn’t rise and the texture was doughy and did not rise. But first, the speculoos cream which can also be used for bread rolls, stuffed cookies or brownies too.
- 300g speculoos cream
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 2g ground cinnamon
- 1g ground nutmeg
- 1g ground ginger
- 65g cookie crumbs (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the sugar and stir till sugar dissolved.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the speculoos cream and stir to incorporate.
- Add the ground spices and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool and set aside.
Note: I made a bigger batch and froze some. When I need to use the frozen batch, I thawed them in the fridge overnight and take them out to bring them to room temperature before using them.