This is a simple chocolate glazing sauce which can be used to glaze cakes and desserts and I used this to glaze a chocolate bundt cake. Here’s the recipe.
(makes enough to glaze a 9 inch bundt with extra)
- 115g dark chocolate
- 1.5 tbsp light corn syrup
- 0.5 cup cream
- Place the chocolate and light corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the cream over low heat till very hot.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate in the mixing bowl, wait a minute before stirring to melt with a spatula.
- If the chocolate is very runny, leave it to cool and thicken. If it hardens to much before you are ready to use, place the chocolate in the mixing up over a pot of simmering water and let it melt. You will want to make sure the chocolate is at the right consistency before use.
Since this was used as a dripping chocolate, it was rather runny and I skipped any extra sugar because the chocolate was a bit sweet to start with.