This is a basic choux pastry for eclairs, profiteroles, etc. I think I like this recipe. Here you go.
(Makes about four 5-inch rounds or eight 2.5-inch rounds)
- 130g eggs (about 3 whole eggs)
- 120g bread flour
- 100g butter
- 100ml water
- 100ml milk
- 5g sugar
- 3g salt
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees and prepare 5-inch or 2.5-inch template and place the template underneath baking paper lined trays.
- In a saucepan, boil milk, butter, sugar, water and salt till boiling.
- Add the flour all at once and stir to mix well.
- Cook the paste till it forms a ball.
- Turn the cooked paste into a mixing bowl and using a paddle attached to mixer, mix at low speed to cool the paste.
- Add the yolks gradually until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer into a piping bag fixed with a piping tip of your choice. It can be round or star.
- Pipe into 5-inch or 2.5-inch rounds, making sure there is space in between to allow for expansion.
- Top with almond flakes.
- Bake in preheated oven of 190 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.