These apple puffs are really easy and these were actually made because I had apple filling left and I did not want them to go to waste. Puff pastries are really versatile and I have made them a staple in my freezer.
(Makes 4 Large Apple Puffs)
Here’s the recipe.
- 4 sheets of store bought puff pastries
- 750g green apples, thinly sliced
- 100g caster sugar
- 30g cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp all spice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Cut each piece of store bought puff pastries into 4.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients, sugar, cornstarch, all spice and lemon zest.
- Place the slices of apples in a large mixing bowl and add the ingredients from step 6 and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Place the apple slices in the middle of a quarter of the puff pastry and place another quarter over.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Egg wash the top of the pie and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve the pies warm.