This glaze can be used to cover the top of a mousse cake.
(Makes enough to cover the top of two 6-inch cake)
- 125g strawberry puree
- 45g caster
- 6g gelatine leaves
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze excess water from the soaked gelatine and set aside.
- Boil puree and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the gelatine leaves and stir to make sure all the gelatine is melted into the puree.
- Cool to room temperature before using to glaze.
I was taught to use this to glaze a mousse cake.